Thursday, January 29, 2009

on being a musician or something


I run into a lot of "musicians" now. Some are good, some well they suck. But they enjoy what they do. Music is amazing it makes us happy: happy to listen;happy to watch; and happy to play; it hits us "primeval". 

When I was not playing and just doing medicine I felt empty     (half full) not in balance. The music fills the artsy side of my pee brain.

If music is so good and makes so many people so happy, why are so many assholes in the music industry?? What attracts lowlifes to music? I've met my fill over the years tell me what you think.

If you want to play music or do music for a living then do it, do it all do not pigeon hole yourself don't play one thing or with one group play around be a "musical swinger" that's how people will see you and who knows you might learn something from a different style of musician.

I play with some of the best musicians in the world-no joke ELisa Girlando and out of truth, but if I'm available I'll play with anyone because it makes me better.

and that's what I think today!!!

peace,
dave.hitplay

No comments: