Monday, February 23, 2009

my tiger bill odyssey

I love to see great players hell you might just learn something so when I heard world famous drummer tiger bill was playing in PA this weekend well I just had to go. Well it didn't turn out exactly as I planned.

First the club was like 65-70 miles from my house and I was driving back roads out of the deliverance movie I could hear the banjos in the distance. Finally we arrive and after three songs we had to leave. It appears that the law in PA doesn't allow everyone into restaurant/clubs if they have smoking so we had to leave.

Three lousy songs no world famous tiger bill drum solos no thinking man I have to pick up a different instrument cause this guy is "sick", nothing just more back roads and highway.

Now I guess I was in a hurry to get home cause I got pulled over going a little over the speed limit. Now we at hitplay are law abiding folk but sometimes these speed limits seem like they were for cars built in the 1950's not today. At any rate I beat the rap because of my (I'm going to give you a trade secret here, one that keeps me out of tickets for 20 years) monopoly get out of jail free card the police love them.

Any way we have a lot of music to bring you and it really starts next week so I thought I'd just ramble a bit tonight. If you get a chance check out tiger bill he is the last of that buddy rich joe morello type monster drummer left.

peace 

dave.hitplay

No comments: