Friday, February 6, 2009

The Peanut Gallery

Hey all, Its a new voice on the blog! I'm Amanda Carl, longtime pal of the Hitplay crew and songwriter for Elisa Girlando. I've co- written with Phil Garland on four of the songs for the 2009 release so far, and they all sound great! I'm so excited for this endeavor, and am so proud of the Hitplay crew.
I've been working with Phil for over five years now, since he produced my independantly released album "On What You Love". so that leaves me at the ripe ol' age of twenty. I'm very wide-eyed during this experience of helping launch the new label, and I feel very privelaged to be doing so, with so many talented people.
Anyway, that was just a little preface, here's some good stuff.

I've been working on a small video of Elisa in the studio for promotional purposes, and its coming out really well. It is of us in the studio recording "Rise Up" its really lighthearted and fun, and I think it really shows Elisa's adorable and funny personality. I just recieved some footage that Dave (creator of this blog) recorded during the session with all the brass players for "You Can't Change"! I think its gonna turn out really great. So that's what I'm doing right now, besides trying to come up with some new song ideas to "keep producing material" in the words of Phil the great.

Thanks Dave for lettin' me on the blog, and I'll keep updating as new things keep popping into my head!
-Amanda

No comments: